Vesterport (the West Gate) - the last remains of a medieval fortifica- tion with ramparts and moats surrounding the town. Later Vesterport and three other gates served as the places where the town duty was collected. The gate is built of heavy, red brick with dog-tooth gables to the east and west. The upper part burnt in 1728. Restored in 1770 and 1917.